Serving Together: from Champaign-Urbana to the World
Below is a video Kevin made to help share some of his experiences from an October 2011 trip and the love God has given he and Esther for India:
Confluence Church exists to be a growing community, continually discovering God, being transformed into who we were uniquely created to be, and being sent out to affect redemption in Champaign-Urbana and the whole world.
• We believe we are to be a consistently growing community – by increasing the size of our own local congregation, and by sparking a church-planting movement in Champaign-Urbana and beyond.
• We believe we are called to be a diverse group of people, constantly working together to discover for ourselves and reveal to others the one true God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that such discovery changes us, transforming us into new people, each gifted by the Holy Spirit to bring glory to God and life to the church.
• We believe that this transformation into new people changes the way we live, and thus we are all sent out as individuals and as a body to reach the lost and heal the hurting of the world, beginning in Champaign-Urbana, but reaching out to the ends of the earth. So, we want to help people follow Jesus and advocate for social justice issues in the world.
• We believe that each of these things is an ongoing process for everyone. None of us has yet finished discovering God, completed our transformation, or fulfilled our entire mission.
Currently we partner with these organizations in Champaign-Urbana and around the world:
* Greek InterVarsity at the University of Illinois
* MotherLands MultiCultural Resource Center in Champaign-Urbana
* G.O. Ministries in the Dominican Republic
* Five elementary schools in areas that had no schools in Northeastern India
* Good News for India
* We also serve in various ways at Carrie Busey Elementary School in Champaign including mentoring and reading with children who struggle to read and write.
Recent blog posts
- Are You the "Salt of the Earth?"
- Make You Feel My Love
- Cadaver Encounter
- What’s the “Main Thing" about being the People of God?
- What does ABC's "The Bachelor" have to do with Leah from Genesis 29?
- Why is Jesus Coming to Die for Me So Awesome?
- We the People: Simultaneously Dignified and Depraved
- Tron: Legacy...A Christmas Story
- The Light in the Darkness: Why we need Christmas more than ever
- Death is not the Last Word: A Message from Heaven…