We believe that each person is unique, has special gifts from God and has experienced the world in such a way that no one is like them. As a result, we all have a unique perspective on life and have unique gifts to share with others. We believe that cultural and ethnic diversity is a wonderful gift from God.
We believe that because of our unique journeys we each have endless stories of how we have experienced the good and bad of life. We believe that it is through sharing our diverse stories that we are able to experience healing from past hurts, be agents of healing in our world and experience a fuller life.
We believe that God, through communities like ours, continually invites all people into community with Him in order to experience a different kind of life. This is a life where we face challenges, but also experience healing from brokenness, and not only in our lives, but we get to extend this healing to other individuals and broken systems in the world. We believe that life in this Jesus-Community is richer than outside of it. It has been said that there is more of an abundance of life and more diversity in the confluence of a river and that is what we experience and extend in Confluence Church too.
Recent blog posts
- Are You the "Salt of the Earth?"
- Make You Feel My Love
- Cadaver Encounter
- What’s the “Main Thing" about being the People of God?
- What does ABC's "The Bachelor" have to do with Leah from Genesis 29?
- Why is Jesus Coming to Die for Me So Awesome?
- We the People: Simultaneously Dignified and Depraved
- Tron: Legacy...A Christmas Story
- The Light in the Darkness: Why we need Christmas more than ever
- Death is not the Last Word: A Message from Heaven…